A G E N D A
Frederick Board of Education
6:00 p.m. May 8, 2017
1. Call to Order
2. Welcome and Flag Salute
3. Recognition of Visitors
Shannon Vanderburg, Superintendent
5. Vote to approve the Consent Agenda:
1. Minutes of Regular Meeting of April 10, 2017.
2. Calendar of Events for May.
3. Source of Funds for the 2016-2017 school year.
4. Renaissance Learning renewal for the 2017-2018 school year.
5. Study Island renewal for the 2017-2018 school year.
6. Contract with Clearwater Enterprises for the 2017-2018 school year.
7. Contract with Allied Lab, Inc for the 2017-2018 school year.
8. Membership with OSSBA for the 2017-2018 school year.
9. Vendor List
10. Encumbrances within the 2016-2017 General Fund.(Approval of original encumbrances #276 through #281 and changes in encumbrances #3, 6, 7, 12, 14, 21, 27, 53, 113, 115, 169, 203, 248, 257).
11. Activity Fund Report
12. Treasurer Report
13. Frederick Public Schools policies and policy revisions:
CIA Disposal of Real Property
6. Vote to approve utilization of the Bomber Bus by the First Baptist Church.
7. Vote to approve Summer School extra-duty contracts.
8. Board to consider and take action on a resolution determining the maturities of, and setting a date, time and place for the sale of the $895,000 General Obligation Building Bonds of the School District.
9. Discussion and vote concerning Surety Bond for Mark Bobo as Treasurer for the District.
10. Vote to approve or disapprove Resolution for Schools and Libraries Universal Services (E-Rate) for 2017-2018. This resolution authorizes filing of the Form 471 applications for funding year 2017-2018 and the payment of the applicant’s share upon approval of funding and receipt of services.
11. Vote regarding Professional Development Committee for 2017-2018.
Danna Akin Tom Hensley Tracy Slaybaugh
Kindra Ard Shaila Jefcoat Linda Staats
Randy Biggs Cindy Luna Rebecca Stevens
Jana Cobb Classie Nolan Courtney Tyler
Janice Crume Lacey Oxford Martha Wasinger
Tari Espinosa Charles Roady
12. New Business
13. Proposed Executive Session
Proposed Executive Session to discuss confidential conversations with the board’s attorney concerning a pending claim, investigation, or litigation.
[Authority for Executive Session: 25 O.S. Section 307 (B) (4)]
Proposed Executive Session to discuss resignation and employment of personnel.
[Authority for Executive Session: 25 O.S. Section 307 (B) (1)]
A. Confidential communication between school board and board attorney. [25 O.S. Section 307 (B) (4)]
B. Consideration of resignation of Glenda Longacre as Business Manager effective June 30, 2017.
C. Consideration of employment of a Business Manager for the 2017-2018 school year.
D. Consideration of employment of Temporary Certified Staff for the 2017-2018 school year. List attached.
E. Consideration of employment of Certified Staff for the 2017-2018 school year. List attached.
14. Vote to convene in Executive Session
15. Acknowledge the Board has returned to Open Session.
16. Recommendations of the Superintendent
A. No vote intended on discussion with School Attorney concerning legal matters.
B. Vote to approve resignation of Glenda Longacre as Business Manager effective June 30, 2017.
C. Vote to approve employment of a Business Manager for the 2017-2018 school year.
D. Vote to approve employment of Temporary Certified Staff for the 2017-2018 school year. List attached.
(Trey Drinkard, Alison Ellis, Tari Espinosa, Lynn Johnson, Alma Juanes, Sara Kendrix, Amanda Mathews, Cody Stoll, Courtney Tyler, Bret Tyler, Linda Winters, and Anna Wofford,)
E. Vote to approve employment of Certified Staff for the 2017-2018 school year. List attached.
( Danna Akin, Angela Archer, Kindra Ard, Carla Brite, Tony Clendening, Jana Cobb, Misty Coleman, Zachary Crume, Ellen Davis, Reid Estes, Nicole Fierro, Bruce Franklin, Julie Fryer, Candy Gibson, Terri Gray, Tom Hensley, Wendy Howard, Shaila Jefcoat, Cheryl Kidd, Carla Loveday, Cindy Luna, Classie Nolan, Dana Norvell, Lacey Oxford, Marie Randall, Clint Reid, Cari Ripley, Charles Roady, K. K. Roady, Karen Schoonover, Carisa Schreiner, Betsy Simmons, Tracy Slaybaugh, Linda Staats, Rebecca Stevens, Lea Ann Terry, Misty Thornton, Julie Treadwell, Kim Vanderburg, Jo Gayle Walker, Martha Wasinger, Milli Watson, and Kaci Witt).
This agenda was posted May 5, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. on the door of the Administration Office and on the District Web Site.